Naviance Student Information

Naviance Student/College Applications

  • Naviance Student is a free, online resource for all of PWCS high school students. Students can assess their strengths and interests, explore career options, search for colleges, apply for scholarships, sign-up for college visits at Hylton, create resumes, order transcripts, and much more!
  • Students must use Clever, to access Naviance. Naviance Student Log in
  • How to apply to college? View the application process (Word) for directions and see the tip sheet (Word) for specific help. Here are some common questions and answers (Word) to the college application process.
  • Information on how to match Naviance to the Common Application (Word).
  • View tip sheet (PDF) on how PWCS processes the Common Application, Coalition Application, and direct to institution.
  • All students applying to college must request their transcripts through Naviance Student. The first three official transcripts are no charge; each one requested after the first three are $5 each. Once we have received your request, your counselor will prepare a secondary school report and any other required documents. Those documents will be sent to the college with your transcript by the application deadline. Please communicate with your counselor if you wish him/her to write you a counselor letter of recommendation (Word). Please allow two weeks to process all requests.
  • Students must also formally request teacher recommendations through Naviance Student. It is recommended that you speak with your teacher in-person, but a request must also be submitted through Naviance Student (click "colleges tab" look in the top section, click "Teacher Recommendations." If your teacher is not listed in the drop-down, please have your teacher notify your school counselor.
  • Complete the FERPA (consent form) embedded in the Return to Learn packet. The consent form gives Hylton and PWCS permission to send your transcript and recommendations to colleges and for scholarships, per the student's request. Counseling needs a form on file to send transcripts to colleges. If you did not complete the FERPA in the Return to Learn Packet, please contact your school counselor.